17 Wise Winnie-the-Pooh Quotes About the Remarkable Power of Love, Kindness, and Acceptance
Here are some inspiring and surprisingly wise things Winnie-the-Pooh had to say in the Hundred Acre Wood along with Christopher Robin, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, Kanga, and Roo.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
One of A. A. Milne's most beloved and popular books, The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh, holds within it's covers tales of happiness and hardship and how a silly old bear copes and learns from them. Recently, Pooh starred in a Disney film along with a grown-up Christopher Robin who together go in search of their old friends Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, Kanga, and Roo.
This is one of my favorite quotes from Pooh bear about acceptance:
"Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them." Winnie-the-Pooh
Winnie-the-Pooh had many wonderful things to say about love, acceptance, and being kind to others. And who wouldn't like more of that, both at work and at home? Here are 17 remarkably wise Winnie-the-Pooh quotes that are sure to inspire you to reflect and perhaps even be a bit more kind.
- "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
- "Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more...to give way to the happiness of the person you love."
- "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
- "Some people care too much. I think it's called love."
- "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like 'what about lunch?"
- "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."
- "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time."
- "A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside."
- "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known."
- "One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
- "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
- "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
- "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
- "You're braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think."
- "You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
- "It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine."
- "A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day."
BY Entrepreneurs Organization