17 Really Funny Quotes from the Popular TV Show, The Office
Whether you need a pick me up for the start of your workweek, or just need a good laugh, these quotes will help.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
It's Monday already, and you ask yourself, "Where did the weekend go?"
Even an extra dose of caffeine won't stop you from wishing you were back to Saturday and sleeping in. But, once you get to work and hear about your co-workers' weekend adventures and settle in, sometimes things don't seem quite as bad. Halfway through your Monday, you begin to think you might just survive.
One of my favorite TV shows of all time is The Office. I liked the original U.K. version starring Ricky Gervais as manager David Brent of Wernham Hogg Paper Company, and then really liked the U.S. version with Steve Carell at the helm of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. Just when you thought things couldn't get any funnier or more absurd, they did just that. Over and over again.
So, the next time you are feeling stressed because it's Monday again, check out these funny quotes from different characters in The Office. They're guaranteed to help you laugh through even your toughest day.
- "I changed all my passwords to 'Incorrect.' So whenever I forget, it will tell me 'Your password is incorrect." -- Michael Scott
- "Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I donno. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me -- No, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." -- Michael Scott
- "And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do." -- Michael Scott
- "If people here were our founding fathers, the Revolutionary War would've been delayed ten years. Because Stanley Washington was napping. And Phyllis Hancock was still signing the Declaration. And Kevin Jefferson was distracted by a butterfly." -- Dwight Schrute
- "Sometimes I'll start a sentence, and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way." -- Michael Scott
- "There's nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach filled with sun, surf, and uh, diligent note-taking." -- Pam Beesly
- "And I misspelled in front of the entire school the word, 'failure'." -- Dwight Schrute
- "What happens to a company if somebody takes a boss away? I will answer your question. It's like what happens to a chicken when you take its head away. It dies. Unless you find a new head. I need to see which one of these people have the skills to be a chicken head." -- Michael Scott
- "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." -- Andy Bernard
- "Before I do anything, I ask myself, 'Would an idiot do that?' And, if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." -- Dwight Schrute
- "I don't talk trash. I talk smack. They're totally different." -- Kelly Kapoor
- "Right now this is just a job. If I advance any higher in this company, this would be my career. And, uh, if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train." -- Jim Halpert
- "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information." -- Michael Scott
- "There's too many people on this earth. We need a new plague." -- Dwight Schrute
- "I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little-stitious." -- Michael Scott
- "If I can't scuba, then what's this all been about? What am I working toward?" -- Creed Bratton
- "Oh my God, its happening. Everybody stay calm! Stay f*&#!#% calm!" -- Michael Scott