17 Powerful Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
When things get tough, confidence can sometimes be hard to find. Read these inspiring words to build your confidence when you need it most.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
Confidence is a quality that all of us need to have in most every aspect of our lives -- work, friends, family, community, and so much more. And while there are a variety of different approaches to improving your confidence with practice and time, reading the inspiring words of others can also give you the confidence boost you need right now.
Here are 17 inspiring quotes that can help boost your self-confidence when you need it the most. Read them and watch your confidence grow.
1. "No one is going to hand me success. I must go out and get it myself. That's why I'm here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world and myself." --Unknown
2. "Tough times never last, but tough people do." --Robert H. Schuller
3. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'" --Eleanor Roosevelt
4. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." --Thomas Edison
5. "With confidence, you have won before you have started." --Marcus Garvey
6. "You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity." --Epicurus
7. "You shouldn't focus on why you can't do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions." --Steve Case
8. "Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal; it's the courage to continue that counts." --Mike Ditka
9. "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship." --Louise May Alcott
10. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." --Mary Anne Radmacher
11. "Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anyone else." --Unknown
12. "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now." --Chinese Proverb
13. "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." --Dale Carnegie
14. "We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action." --Dr. Henry Link
15. "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain
16. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." --Theodore Roosevelt
17. "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." --Christopher Robin