These Are the World’s 10 Most Serious Problems, According to Millennials
Climate change is Millennial’s main concern.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
Survey respondents were also in near unequivocal agreement over the cause of climate change. Over 91% of respondents answered "agree" and "strongly agree" with the statement "science has proven that humans are responsible for climate change."
The results come from the WEF annual survey released this week, which was given to more than 31,000 18-to-35-year-olds across 186 countries.
Read on to see the top-10 most concerning world issues, according to millennials.
10. Lack of economic opportunity and employment (12.1%)
9. Safety / security / wellbeing (14.1%)
8. Lack of education (15.9%)
7. Food and water security (18.2%)
6. Government accountability and transparency / corruption (22.7%)
5. Religious conflicts (23.9%)
4. Poverty (29.2%)
3. Inequality (income, discrimination) (30.8%)
2. Large scale conflict / wars (38.9%)
1. Climate change / destruction of nature (48.8%)
This post originally appeared on Business Insider.