9 Relatively Unheard of Quotes on the Remarkable Power of Leading by Example
Your opinions don’t matter as much as your actions.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
We have all heard Gandhi's legendary mantra, "Be the change you want to see in the world." But did you know he also said, "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching?"
Here are 9 more quotes about leading by example that you may not be familiar with:
1. "Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others, it is the only means." - Albert Einstein
2. "The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today." - Francis of Assisi
3. "People may teach what they know, but they reproduce what they are." - John C. Maxwell
4. "Nothing so conclusively proves a man's ability to lead others, as what he does from day to day to lead himself." - Thomas J. Watson
5. "The leader sees things through the eyes of his followers. He puts himself in their shoes and helps them make their dreams come true. The leader does not say, 'Get going!' Instead he says, 'Let's go!' and leads the way. He does not walk behind with a whip; he is out in front with a banner." - Wilfred Peterson
6. "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
7. "What you want to ignite in others must first burn inside yourself." - Charlotte Bronte
8. "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." - John Maxwell
9. "The world is changed by your example not your opinion." - Paul Coelho