17 Remarkably Inspiring Quotes for Leaders and Managers
Here are some words of wisdom to inspire you.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
As we all know, being a leader is not easy. Managers and leaders alike have to coordinate multiple facets of an organization, seamlessly keeping it on its feet no matter what obstacles you might encounter.
For those inevitable moments when leading gets tough, it's necessary for leaders to take some time to rejuvenate, revamp, and re-evaluate. Here are 17 of the most inspiring quotes for leaders in their time of need.
1. "Done is better than perfect." --Sheryl Sandberg
2. "Efficiency is doing the thing right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing." --Peter Drucker
3. "My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better." --Steve Jobs
4. "Tend to the people, and they will tend to the business." --John Maxwell
5. "Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion." --Oprah Winfrey
6. "Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality." --Warren Bennis
7. "The question isn't who's going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." --Ayn Rand
8. "The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant." --Max DePree
9. "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." --Alan Kay
10. "Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work." --Seth Godin
11. "As a leader, I am tough on myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am very caring because I want people to excel at what they are doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future." --Indra Nooyi
12. "The most effective way to do it, is to do it." --Amelia Earhart
13. "The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly." --Jim Rohn
14. "What you do has far greater impact than what you say." --Steven Covey
15. "The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority." --Ken Blanchard
16. "To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart." --Eleanor Roosevelt
17. "No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it." --Andrew Carnegie