17 Empowering Quotes from Strong Women
It is always important to remember that you can replace the negativity in your life with something positive. These quotes will help you do exactly that.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
International Women's Day is recognized each year on March 8th, but if you think about how strong they are, there's cause for celebrating women almost every day!
It's important that we take time to recognize the achievements that women have made in business and in other facets of their lives. It's also important that we take in and understand what these strong women have to say -- their words of wisdom may even end up contributing to your life in significant ways. Take a look:
- "We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated." -- Maya Angelou
- "Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller
- "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." -- Amelia Earhart
- "The most important thing is to enjoy your life--to be happy--it's all that matters." -- Audrey Hepburn
- "I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse." -- Florence Nightingale
- "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker
- "Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough." -- Emily Dickinson
- "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." -- Oprah Winfrey
- "Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet." -- Sarah Louise Delany
- "If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words, we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys begin in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive." -- Betty Eadie
- "Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve." -- Marianne Williamson
- "I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear." -- Rosa Parks
- "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." -- Mary Anne Radmacher
- "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- "Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us." -- Wilma Rudolph
- "Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit." -- Helena Rubinstein.
- "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." -- Ella Fitzgerald