7 Habits That Will Make You a More Fun Person to Be Around
Try out these tips to become the life of any party.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
- Go on life adventures - Life experiences give you stories to share with others. Take that startup job. Go paddle surfing like you've alway planned. Everyone loves a good story.
- Take care of yourself first - It doesn't matter how charismatic, fun or interesting you are if you're exhausted. If you're physically and mentally drained, you won't have any of the energy to show how awesome you are. So rest up and take care of yourself first.
- Be 100% present in the moment - Put down that phone. Really listen when people talk to you. Stop wandering with your thoughts. Focus on the moment.
- Find your passions - When you talk about your passions, do you noticed a difference in the tone of your voice and body posture? Chances are that you do. Other people will notice too and it'll make the conversations more fun and lively.
- Have a genuine curiosity for life - By being insanely curious, you'll learn a tremendous amount about other people. This will help you create bonds and trust. When people build a real relationship with you, they'll be more likely to open up to you more and having fun will happen much more naturally and easily.
- Reframe your thoughts - When you run into tough situations, it's easy to complain and to be negative. Instead of doing that, see if you can find humor in the situation. Laughing with others can change a tough moment into an amazing one. Don't underestimate the power of humor.
- Push your limits - If you always do the same things over and over, it can get really boring. Try a new activity that you haven't done before, like a dance class, cooking class or going to a concert.
This question originally appeared on Quora - the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions: